A Place for Collaboration
CCALS plans a state-of-the-art facility designed to support a collaborative, field-based, research environment.
Work spaces will include a mix of computation laboratories and hands-on large scale data mining and management laboratories, as well as space for an advanced modeling and simulation laboratory and production warehouse to accommodate large equipment and experimentation.
The center will be located just south of Richmond, Virginia in the heart of an expanding logistics region that provides access to a wealth of resources and a highly skilled workforce.
- Amazon.com has located major distribution centers in the area.
- The US Army’s Logistics University is headquartered nearby at Fort Lee.
- FedEx and UPS Freight have a significant presence.
- CSX and Norfolk Southern serve the area with two class 1 rail lines.
- Richmond International Airport handles more than 85 million pounds of air cargo annually.
- The region is located at the convergence of four interstates (I-95, 64, 85 and 295).
- The deep water Port of Virginia in Norfolk and Dulles International Airport in Northern Virginia are easily accessible.
- Central Virginia is within 750 miles of two-thirds of the US population, and the region is connected to the world by nearby international airports and seaports.