Application Deadline: March 5, 2024
The Virginia Governor’s Fellows Program offers a select group of outstanding and highly motivated individuals the opportunity to experience firsthand the administration of state government in the Commonwealth.
Participants are placed in different positions in the Governor’s Office and in various agencies throughout the Executive Branch. The program attempts to match Fellows with compatible assignments according to background, interests, and future goals.
- Rising college seniors, graduating college seniors or enrolled as degree candidates in a graduate/professional school
- Enrolled in a Virginia college/university or a Virginia resident enrolled in an out-of-state institution
- Committed to excellence in academics
- Able to demonstrate leadership ability
- Involved in extracurricular activities
- Active in community service
Applications are typically due in early March each year; offers are extended in April and program dates run June through July.